My not so popular opinion.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Slim Down Sundays! ME TOO ME TOO!!!

I agree! Hollie great idea! I would love to be accountable to give a recap of my week..the good, the bad and the ugly!

This week I started back on weight watchers. I actually did what it seems everyone is doing and started back on January 1st!!!! I actually loathe doing things that are typical. But...I figured to put my personal feelings aside to focus on starting today instead of "starting tomorrow".

I am working on jam packing my diet with "filling foods". That is the key ingredient in the weight watchers new momentum plan. I am eating beets(personally one of my favorite veggies), big salads and apples. There are not alot of points used on these foods and they do leave you feeling satisfied so I can use some of my points on yummy salad dressings that are not terribly low fat.

We had dinner last night with our friends the Viercks! It was SO MUCH FUN!!! They are such wonderful hosts and we all had a blast! I was able to stay on point during the meal and had alot of fun focusing on the company and not the food! (THANKS SO MUCH MARTY AND HEATHER!!!!)

So, there we have it. I am trying to just take this one day at a time. I am quite surprised by how many things that I like to eat are lower points that I thought...I just can't eat ALL of the chinese food or ice cream! Portion control apparently matters ;)

Have a great week! I love reading all the slim down sunday entries!!!! Thanks again for the suggestion Hollie!

5 Comments:

Blogger javamamma said...

So is there a link for this? I like the accountability.

Jan 4, 2009, 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

My friend Hollie came up with this idea, we should link them all together... update to follow

Jan 4, 2009, 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Hollie said...

I would also try to include more protein also, it helps keeps you fuller longer.... speaking of fuller... I'm starving!!! ;o)

Jan 4, 2009, 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yeah, protein is my downfall. I NEVER put enough in my diet. I am trying to find ways to sneak it in...I usually do lean lunch meat in my salads. That does help. Tonight sean and I are going to have a corned beef, potato and corn chowder. 4 pts!

Jan 4, 2009, 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger Peaceful Chaoz said...

Looking foward to reading more! Good luck!! :0)

Jan 5, 2009, 9:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home