My not so popular opinion.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008


Wow, I know...I say it all the time but this year did pass by rather quickly. I guess the speed puts new meaning to all the sappy country songs like "don't blink". I actually find myself tearing up listening to those songs and my children aren't even all out of diapers yet!

This year has proved to be an easier one. And we have so much to praise God for! I will list only a few.

-Sean has had a steady job with lots of work for the entire year. He has worked hard to "not be at the bottom of the ladder" and God has graciously put him into a company that would never have an intention of letting him go. This stability is something that we have NEVER had in our marriage.

-I have been blessed through my work with Uppercase. It is more than just extra money to me. I have met women with whom I have become great friends with and shared my passion for creating a feeling in a room that you can't achieve with a can of paint. These words are just stickers on a wall but for some of us they have become a reminder of why we keep moving forward. Ever since we put up our first expression (Carey, faithful to God and Each Other), I have been reminded to be faithful to God first with everything I do and then to each other. It is a good thing.

-The twins continue to push forward in reading and writing. I am not sure if I have shared this before but they both have been lagging in these areas. The great thing about them is that they are really excited about learning and haven't given up. God has encouraged us and them through positive reinforcement and talks about how "God gave us all different strengths". These are life lessons that you just don't get in a classroom. Sometimes struggle rs prevail!!!! (I was a struggler)

-Kyla got into all day kindergarten. Again, this was not a selfish decision to put her into the lottery, but because we both knew she was more than ready. During conferences her teacher(whom we love) shared with us that our Kyla is excelling in reading and writing(probably because she has been watching the twins). She also said that Kyla is really focused and driven by her tasks. This is exciting because it might mean that she is a completely different learner than her older sisters. I am sure she will also have struggles but we have yet to find them. God knows that we have enough with the twins at the moment!

-Gracie is potty trained! There is not much to be said there...but she is and it is great! She is also a delight to be around and about the cutest thing you have ever seen!

-Kendell...well, she is cute too. We went through some really difficult days and nights with her. She is strong willed like her mother and UNCLE KYLE and that is proving to be quite a challenge...but we are talking about praises!!!! So, she is showing improvement. The good thing about my girls is that there "terrible twos" stage seems to be from year 1 to year 2 so I am praying she follows suit! Being number 5 is probably not the position she would have voted to be in!

-We also began recovering a relationship with Sean's parents this year. For those of you who knew that situation that is a HUGE praise!

So that about sums up some of my praises.

My friends, you are a constant source of support and unconditional love in my life. Without you I am not me. I pray for all of you to have an awesome praiseful 2009!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger javamamma said...

Beautiful family, girl!

What a great list of remembrances you made too. Blessings to your family in 2009!

Dec 31, 2008, 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing all your praises in 2008! I am rejoicing with you for all the wonders He has done in your lives :>)

Dec 31, 2008, 7:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous family you have!!!

And I love your list.

Jan 2, 2009, 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks! This picture was an amazing surprise!!! I never thought we could get a good picture of all of us! We usually compromise on someone!

Jan 2, 2009, 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Awww, Erin, you have a beautiful family!!

Jan 3, 2009, 2:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home