My not so popular opinion.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day Three of Preperation

If you read my blog prior to this about the advent calendar on Willows website you may have read today's "preperation message". If not you can check it out here.

I reflected on this message today and had a thought.

How amazing is our God to allow us as women to be the ones to share in the experience of child birth the same way that Mary did.

Ok...maybe not the same way. I realize that modern medicine has made things...well....ahem....easier! But my point really is that as mothers there is a common thread. An unspoken bond that typically occurs after one has delivered their first child.

How amazing that our God chose to link us to Mary. I sit here today knowing that if she were to knock on my door at this very minute, she would know as I know what it was like to bring life into this world. She would know what it was like to hold the small hand of Jesus and feel his sweet breath on her face as she looked over his amazing features.

She would know what it was like to feel bonded to a stranger just moments after his arrival.

This is something that our God chose for women. What a priveledge!

3 Comments:

Blogger Braff Zackton said...

Well, being of the weaker gender, with no chalupas of my own, I can't fully appreciate what you're saying. So while I can admit that your thing is pretty cool, here are some reasons being a dude is way better.
Dudes make a better wage for the same job. Get over it already.
Dudes have the right to vote. Okay so do chicks but we've had it longer and are savvy veterans at voting.
Dudes can be President. You can be white, black, green, blue, or even Jimmy Carter white. Just not a chick.
Dudes can play professional basketball. Okay again so can chicks but I defy anyone to name 4 WNBA teams with Google.
Dudes get 'According to Jim'. Not all dudes, not me.
Dudes get to drive. When was the last time you drove your husband anywhere? When you did it's probably because he was buzzed.
Dudes get to do whatever they want whenever they want for as long as they want. Who's going to punish us? The other dudes, who have the power to do so? Think President Clinton, Roger Clemens, R. Kelly, Pacman, Tim Riggins, and Zac Efron...stayed tuned.
Dudes get urinals. God showed us His LOVE with this one. That and our extra rib.

Dec 4, 2008, 5:58:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ok, you got me there. Dudes do get some "perks" but really...the greatest perks that you aren't mentioning is PMS, high heels and wearing a bra!

Dec 4, 2008, 7:20:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

ps...I think I won the football pool last week.

I knew you were waiting by the phone to hear that!

And...we are having Gracie's birthday at mom and dads on sunday.

Laters.

Dec 4, 2008, 7:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home