My not so popular opinion.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Olive Oil... JUST EAT IT!



I have been focusing on NOT focusing on weight loss this week but trying to balance the thoughts in my life. Sounds strange...but for someone who is anxiety driven it is easy to find yourself thinking(obsessing) about one certain topic for the entire day. I DO THIS.

For example...if I am thinking about if I decide I need to make thank you cards to thank my recent hostesses then I will...research the latest technique on card making, scour my house for the necessary tools, cut WAY TOO MUCH paper, try to do something I have had no experience with, and end up frustrated because I wasn't "good enough" to be able to finish the project. I do all of this while trying to keep up with the housework, kids, business, volunteering etc. You get the idea.

So, part of me trying to just make this automatic means that I am not thinking about it all day.

One of the things that I think is helping me is that I am now getting in my daily recommendation of 2tsp. of healthy oil. Weight Watchers believes this is so important that they have put it into their program as one of their daily requirements. In the past I rarely ate any oil while on ww. In fact...I don't even know if I owned any oil during that time.

At the meeting last week Sally(who I adore and is the best ww leader ever), told us that the oil is actually one of the things that keeps your body satisfied and thus, keeps you from those crazy cravings...where you will eat the cardboard packaging that the cereal was in because...there isn't any cereal left!

So, I started eating 2 tsp of olive oil(2.5pts) with a bit of parmesan cheese and 2 slices of whole wheat healthy life bread(1pt for 2 slices). 3.5 points gone. But I think worth it!

It does seem to be working too! So, tidbit of the day...eat your oil! And...don't obsess about food!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Erin. Thanks for sharing. Your second paragraph is totally me. Good to know I'm not the only one who has to make a concious effort not to obsess.

I like how simplemom says she's a "recovering perfectionist."

Jan 13, 2009, 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home