My not so popular opinion.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pictures from our weekend away!



Photo of our view off the balcony.


Sean and I went to Galena this weekend. It was great! The best part about it was that it was paid for prior to our departure, making the stress of spending money less difficult.

We stayed at Eagle Ridge Resort in the villas. Our was cottage-y. We also had dinner at the resort one night and room service breakfast one morning(all included in our package).

The smartest and best thing we did was book our stay through a travel agent(my friend, Lisa). The reason that this became so important was b/c our origional room that we were booked for apparently had a problem with the heat. We were informed upon arrival that we could get an upgrade and we did take the upgrade b/c quite frankly...it was cold and I would like heat!

So we went on our merry way with our upgrade and when we got home I told Lisa what had happend. She quickly gathered the facts and called Eagle Ridge because she felt that we should have gotten more than an upgrade.(I have had experience with this type of thing before...and hotels aren't great about doing anything for the individual person...me)

So, after about 2 hours Lisa called me and told me that they would be refunding 20% of our package price back onto my debit card!!!!! I don't know exactly what she said but I do know a few great things about using a travel agent.

1. She had availability for checking into dates/packages that we couldn't see online.

2. Her rates were better.

3. She has more "pull" if there was a problem.

I know Lisa, she is great at customer service and I am so glad that she went to bat for us!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Looks very lovely! I *love* weekend getaways :>)

Nov 26, 2008, 7:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

You two are adorable!

Dec 2, 2008, 5:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home