My not so popular opinion.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My biggest pet peeve.

People.who.aren't.real.

Ok, this might come off as a rant and I don't know that I care...but honestly people!

If you choose to display your life as being perfect you are not only lying to others but you are lying to yourself.

And I have no idea how you expect to grow if you are constantly telling others that things are perfect. Especially as you are telling them that you value their friendship or that you need them in your life.

So please I am begging you...get real!

And just for the record
1. My marriage is not perfect
2. I am not the perfect mother
3. My life is not perfect
4. My house is certainly not perfect or perfectly clean
5. My relationship with God is not perfect

AND THAT IS OK!!!!!

Thankfully God created us to be not perfect but made new in him. OH THANK YOU FOR SAVING GRACE!

And he created us as women to come alongside of each other during "not so perfect" times.

P.S.-I have decided that when women choose to pretend that things are perfect it is because they don't trust each other. It's almost like trusting that their friends could be there for them is too scary.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen girl. Amen. Here is to being real!

Oct 29, 2008, 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmmm. I get what you're trying to say. I completely agree with what you said here:

And he created us as women to come alongside of each other during "not so perfect" times.

Other reasons {besides not trusting each other} that women pretend things are perfect: because it's too painful to admit that they're not, because they were let down/hurt/unsupported during one of those "not so perfect" times, because as long as they can fool others they can keep fooling themselves too, because they think there is some kind of imaginary standard that they need to be living up to, because they think that they are somehow more spiritual if they appear to be perfect........ok. The list could go on. And yeah, for many people TRUST = SCARY

Great topic!

Do you think one of those other reasons I mentioned is prevalent also?

Oct 29, 2008, 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think that all the reasons you mentioned were prevalant. However, I think that they all root in trust. I don't even think that most women realize that it is a trust thing.

For example- maybe I won't tell you about a fight that dh and I had over what to cook for dinner because I don't trust that you will have a good reaction. Or that you will criticize me and not just love and support me in a Godly way.

And obviously I don't mean you-actually. The You's and Me's are all around us.

The real problem I think is that once someone decides to hide away what is really happening it might have a snowball effect. This could be why so many women are caught in abusive relationships.

Oct 30, 2008, 5:30:00 AM  
Blogger Braff Zackton said...

Well if Tina had had dinner ready maybe this wouldn't have happened. Nobody could say that Ike was all wrong.

Nov 3, 2008, 4:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home