My not so popular opinion.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ok...here are my recommendations...Interested???

Well after some thought...I decided to let you all in on my restaurant recommendations. All of the restaurants are my personal favorites and most have been tried MANY MANY times.

This post honestly is inspired by our choice of restaurant for last evening. We went to Bonefish and had Great Service but...not so great food(although the appetizer was great!). My fish was something that I hadn't tried before(Icelandic Charr)and it was apparently undercooked. It was well cooked in the thinner areas but for those who like fish...not so great in the thicker portion. Honestly...I probably should have ordered what I am used to...salmon but didn't...thinking I would "be adventurous!". So now I feel like a heel b/c I have recommended Bonefish to a few and am wondering if I have led some...astray???

So here are my proven top picks and top food choices at these restaurants. PLEASE IF YOU WOULD POST YOUR FAVORITES IN MY COMMENTS OR CREATE YOUR OWN TOP PICKS BLOG I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE READING YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

Top Mexican
-Pablos-chicken fajitas, steak fajitas...fajita salad.

For me it is a personal favorite b/c we have been going there for YEARS and the food quality has remained consistantly fantastic. It seems very fresh and very *healthy* despite knowing that heavy feeling that will be left behind from eating mexican. They do have whole wheat tortillas if you are trying to move towards whole wheat options. They are just as good as their homemade flour tortillas in my opinion...just bigger(I think they use them for stuffed burritos)

Top Chinese
-Chop Suey Hut-shanghi beef noodles, eggrolls, fried rice, wontons, BBQ Pork,Egg Foo Young(man...I order alot!).

Another family favorite. Our family is known for the "largest order of the year" consistantly every new years eve. I think my dad orders over $400 worth of different stuff. It is a feast that is expected. If you are looking for a selection to try at a good price they are open for lunch buffet Tuesday through Friday with a dinner buffet on Friday and Sunday. Their homemade sweet and sour sauce is coveted when we get egg rolls and I *keep* the extras in a plastic container in my fridge for quick stir fry add in. I haven't had chinese in such a long time and thinking about this is making my mouth water!!! I just can't bring it in the house b/c I know I will eat IT ALL!!!!

Top Fish Joint
-Pappadeaux-Arlington Heights-crab fingers, peel and eat cold shrimp, crawfish, salmon.

This is well worth a drive for us. My dad introduced us to this restaurant about six years ago and we have probably been 6 times. It is a special occasion restaurant and we haven't taken our kids yet. The restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere and wonderful flavor, but it isn't for you if you are looking for "quiet". It is very lively, and there is typically live music. We have also been to their Sunday morning buffet and it was SO GOOD!!! All you can eat shrimp, and many other signiture dishes offer a full tummy. I would consider this full cajun/New Orleans style of fish. There is alligator and some other weird options on the menu if you are looking for something different.

Top Italian
-Pirro's-Chicken w/broccoli and mushrooms alfredo, soup, pizza, salad, cedar plank salmon.

It has been awhile since I have been to Pirro's but this has to rule out over Olive Garden for me only because what I order at pirros is typically more italian than what I order at Olive Garden(soup and salad). I don't usually eat much italian though. Especially after coming out of denial about the caloric intake of Alfredo Sauce. I just can't justify it! But I am definatly open to italian suggestions!

So...there are my top four. I wouldn't know where to go for a "good burger", so if anyone has a good burger joint that would be great! I would also recommend Coleman's Grill for a "best bang for your buck" restaurant. They have a great steak sandwich that is a real steak for $6.95, and that includes all the fixens!

So...now that I have made my own mouth water...tme to go out and get some excersize!!!

I hope you will all write about your favorites!!!

E

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Robin is a very yummy burger place, I have never had a bad deal there ever. The service hasn't always been super but its never been terribly awful ethier.

I would say I have to agree with you on the Bonefish end of things. Josh and i went for our Anniversary :0) also!! The service was GREAT! but the food was not, but we thought we just must have hit it on an off night because we have heard rave reviews from TONS of people, maybe we'll give it another shot sometime though.

I really enjoyed Bob Chens for seafood but I may have to give Papadeaux a try sometime! :0)

Aug 13, 2007, 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I second Red Robin. Even before I clicked on the comments that was the "burger-joint" that came to mind.

I will be working on my Restaurant Favorites post.....

Aug 14, 2007, 8:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home